Universidad Nacional Raúl Scalabrini Ortiz, created under Law No. 27212, is an educative community formed by professors, graduates, students and non-teaching staff, whose main objective is that students receive strong academic training, by promoting excellence at teaching and research levels.
The mission of this University is to guarantee access and continuity conditions to public, free and open education in order to provide equal opportunities and personal development to the whole community within a framework of democratic values, with the following commitments:
- To provide solid academic, scientific and practical training in the different areas of knowledge, with a multi-disciplinary and ethical approach based on local and regional problem solving and oriented to transforming social fabric.
- To provide new knowledge, technological development and solutions to local and regional problems, through scientific research and university extensive actions, technological development and innovation in focus areas.
- To cooperate with business, social and governmental institutions in the transformation of local and regional social fabric, focused on the progress of our country.
- To generate and provide relevant information based on technological and scientific knowledge for decision-taking in focus areas and to contribute to local and regional social development.
- To contribute to the progress of society and preservation of environment through the transfer and dissemination of knowledge and technological development.
- To promote entrepreneurial and civil culture for the formation of honest professionals who contribute to local, regional and national development.
- To promote permanent training and continued education of teachers and graduates in order to encourage academic excellence and professional social responsibility in task compliance.
- To promote culture, art and sports, allowing social and cultural integration at local and regional levels.
- To be a benchmark in the areas of knowledge development at national, regional and international levels.